Job opening: FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Salary: $108 245 - 140 713 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a FACILITIES OPERATIONS SPECIALIST in the PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT ofNAVFAC SOUTHWEST.
You monitor services and expenditures to ensure proper availability of funds.
You will perform work monitoring to ensure facilities assignments are being completed in a timely manner.
You will screen, classify, and submit requests for various types of shop work, as well as contracted work.
You will serve as the primary point of contact between the Public Works Officer and the specific commands and tenants under his/her cognizance, ensuring their facilities are professionally maintained to meet mission requirements.
You will conduct and attend meetings and visits to identify any facility problems that have developed, facilitate work execution, and advise on supported command projects.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- May be required to work overtime.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Screens, classifies, and submits requests for shop and contracted work; 2) Develop requirements and projects for maintenance actions plans, and prioritizes projects for shop and contract execution; 3) Provide updates to Supported Command and NAVFAC on all facility issues and work efforts for assigned facilities; 4) Apply technical principles, directives, and methods of facility management to maintain facilities and facility assets in good working order; 5) Apply financial regulations to determine the correct type of funding for facility and equipment issues; and 6) Identifying, prioritizing, and initiating projects to be placed on Maintenance Action Plans (MAPs) and Maintenance Execution Plans (MEPs) for assigned facilities and programs. NOTE: This experience must be fully supported in your resume.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVFAC SOUTHWEST
750 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92132
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]