Job opening: Information Technology Specialist
Salary: $99 200 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
There is one vacancy available in one of the following potential duty locations: Beltsville, Maryland
This position is located at Office of the Chief Information Officer, Technical Support Division.
This is not a remote position; you will be required to be in your duty station office per CEC telework policy.
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will:
Provide user network account support to include setup and configuration (e.g., user profile, e-mail, peripheral access), and troubleshoot user account problems and daily user support issues. Coordinate with customers to ensure they request the appropriate permissions through their security staff.
Manage and deploy workstations through entire life cycle.
Deploy equipment and keep inventory database up-to-date and accurate. Directly perform or coordinate the sanitization and disposal of excess equipment according to property policies.
Proactively work with customers to identify new requirements associated with incoming new personnel, changes in office functions, office closures, etc. Work with management to ensure requirements can be met when needed by the customer.
Provide technical oversight and direction to those working on all assigned projects and is considered the technical expert for the group for this activity.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, which has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position successfully. Specialized experience for this position is described as:
Experience utilizing IT Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework methodologies; AND
Completing computer project task assignments that were directly related to IT support, deployment and customer service requirements; AND
Interacting with an IT organization on initiatives and providing liaison and pertinent information between an organization and its customers.
In addition to specialized experience, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Time-in-Grade: In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
Time After Competitive Appointment: Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Technical Support Division
Administrative Resource Center
Parkersburg, WV 26101
- Name: Applicant Call Center
- Phone: 304-480-7300
- Email: [email protected]