Job opening: RIGGING AND CRANE OPERATIONS DIVISION SUPERVISOR
Salary: $98 240 - 127 707 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a RIGGING AND CRANE OPERATIONS DIVISION SUPERVISOR in the REFUELING BRANCH, RIGGING AND EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS DIVISION of PORTSMOUTH NAVAL SHIPYARD.
You will be responsible for directing the Execution Control Process of the project.
You will provide input into the development of the Project Execution Strategy.
You will work with representatives from Engineering and Planning Dept., Production Resources Dept., Quality Assurance Office, Supply Dept., and Scheduling to coordinate sequence and prioritize the production and test effort.
You will direct the work efforts of various supervisors involved in the work of the and, through them, supervisors from ever production trade and various support codes.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Experience determining priorities, developing work arounds, recommending changes in manning levels and certifying completion of work as it applies to cost and schedule of work and testing within assigned area/project;
Experience evaluating and improving schedule adherence, cost performance, and operational effectiveness by studying work structure and methods, examining various alternatives, determining benefits to be achieved and recommending basic changes;
Experience evaluating estimates for labor and material and assisting in the development of the bare bones estimate to perform the job;
Experience receiving budget allocations, reprograming operations to coincide with authorizations, and negotiating to obtain additional funds;
Experience serving as a member of the Project Management Team and assuring the integration of cost improvement and productivity measurement into the many different phases of planning, scheduling, directing, executing and documenting of work assigned.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series AND https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1600/equipment-facilities-and-services-series-1601/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address PORTSMOUTH NAVAL SHIPYARD
HRO Building 44/1
Portsmouth, NH 03804-5000
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]