Job opening: PROGRAM MANAGER
Salary: $136 832 - 191 900 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY FOREIGN MILITARY SALES PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM MANAGER in the PROGRAM EXECUTIVE OFFICER, UNDERSEA WARFARE SYSTEMS of PEO UNDERSEA WARFARE SYSTEMS.
You will provide overall direction and guidance for the program organization, administration and civilian personnel..
You will design acquisition strategy and program baseline, and direct acquisition life cycle activities and all efforts associated with the program office.
You will coordinate acquisition program requirements for the Program Manager across Congressional interest, DoD, Navy, and Industry to deconflict competing priorities and requirements to gain consensus.
You will support all program governance and acquisition efforts aimed at executing the FMS cases and eventual standup of the AUKUS Program Office.
You will oversee the proper administration of a multi-million dollar Foreign Military Sales Administration Funds, as directed by Navy International Programs and Naval Sea Systems Command.
You will liaison with other Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical System programs in answering data calls and provide information necessary to aid in Australian, United Kingdom, United States (AUKUS) program execution for combat system efforts..
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NH-03 (GS-13 equivalency) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Managing acquisition lifecycle compliance and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program requirements (e.g., cost estimates, schedule, performance reporting, integration, logistics, and budgeting) to meet the product and service objectives of allied international naval fleet customers.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address PEO UNDERSEA WARFARE SYSTEMS
1333 Isaac Hull Ave SE
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20376
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]