Job opening: PROGRAM ANALYST
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to to serve as a program analyst responsible for planning and directing comprehensive organizational analyses and/or studies of a wide diversity of programs, functions, and work processes, and to develop recommendations to resolve complex problems and issues of effectiveness and resource efficiency.
The incumbent works a wide variety of complex projects, logistics analysis, wing level process integration, research and development for improvement across administrative functions, and problem solves to ensure deadlines and completion time frames are met.
Represents the team on a variety of installation and functional programs such as Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), Safety Councils, administrative liaison functions for group level business, and wing level operations representative in organization.
Responsible for other analyses as directed by management and senior leadership.
Prepare presentation, papers, and other correspondence on programs, projects, and problems.
Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Selectee is expected to be granted with and/or maintain the appropriate security clearance required for the position
- Relocation costs or other incentives may be available and considered by the organization
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This position may require drug testing and the candidate may be subject to passing a drug test upon selection
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- Selectee may be required to serve a probationary or trial period
- The duty location for this position is Tinker AFB, however, this position is eligible for telework flexibilities. Telework options can be negotiated and implemented after entrance on duty
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes responsible for data and program analysis related to supply chain forecasting, demand planning, supply planning, and supply execution NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational structure, and operation of the DoD and Air Force.
2. Ability to independently analyze historical data, reported usage, trends, failure data, past and future program data from supply chain systems.
3. Ability to organize new ideas, project, studies, and methodologies.
4. Knowledge of the application of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods.
5. Ability to integrate data analysis techniques and procedures across multiple organizations and refine into a single model.
6. Knowledge of agency program goals and objectives and the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones.
7. Ability to use Microsoft Access and Excel to analyze large data sets.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address AF Sustainment Center
3001 Staff Drive
Tinker AFB, OK 73145
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]