Job opening: TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Salary: $99 044 - 153 113 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will serve as the Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) In-Service Cyber Threat Upgrade (CTU) APM in support of the PMW 160 Tactical Networks program office within PEO C4I.
You will assist in leading a very large, geographically-disperse team of engineers and logisticians in an IPT construct
You will manage scope, cost, schedule, and performance of more than $80M per year for the in-service sustainment of CANES specific to the development and deployment of Cyber Threat Upgrades (CTU).
You will oversee activities that provide support to operational platforms, identifying issues and developing corrective solutions, system and cyber readiness.
You will be responsible for coordinating with the Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD), NAVWAR 4.0/5.0, Platform PMWs, and TYCOMs/Fleet.
You will provide assistance to the PAPM and PM in preparing briefs to Congressional Staffers, Chief of Naval Operations, TYCOMs, Operational and Joint Test Commands, other Systems Commands and stakeholders.
You will prepare program budget estimates, develop work breakdown structures, build program schedules, manage risks, perform contract planning and coordinate post-award activities.
You will effectively lead, integrate and coordinate disparate functional groups and develop a cohesive team capable of successfully handling complex problems encountered.
You will manage all phases of program acquisition life cycle to include definition, development, design, integration, test and evaluation, acquisition and contracts strategies, contract management, cost estimation, scheduling, production, etc.
You will work with PAPM or senior APM to communicate program information across the PEO and other relevant organizations to facilitate leveraging opportunities.
You will assess near and far term requirements and technology advances in relation to PMW 160 goals and .objectives.
You will ensure management oversight to align with C4I program cost, schedule and performance parameters.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Generally, current Federal employees applying to APS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. All qualifications and pay band requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and documented in your resume.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position requires a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret/SCI.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of Specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band (DP-2) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector leading program management activities by developing acquisition plans and strategies as well as time lines for recurring acquisition activities to ensure timely responses to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Specialized experience example: Experience leading a very large, geographically-disperse team of engineers and logisticians in an IPT construct to manage scope, cost, schedule, and performance of more than $80M per year for the in-service sustainment of Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) specific to the development and deployment of Cyber Threat Upgrades (CTU). Experience with overseeing activities entailing providing support to operational platforms, identifying issues and developing corrective solutions, system and cyber readiness. Coordination with the Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD), NAVWAR 4.0/5.0, Platform PMWs, and TYCOMs/Fleet will be important to execute efforts along with familiarity with Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) COMUSFLTFORCOMINST 4790.3 and NAVWARINST 4790.1.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address PEO C4I AND SPACE
4301 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92110-3127
- Name: Cory Lewis
- Email: [email protected]