Job opening: Police Officer
Salary: $47 584 - 68 742 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Domestic Defense Industrial Base Facilities and Major Range and Test Facilities Base, NDAA 1125 (a) and (c) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Maintains law and order and protect life, property, and civil rights of individuals through enforcement of the full range of Federal, state, and local laws ordinances, rules and regulations, and the United Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).
Exercises "concurrent law enforcement jurisdiction" and will be responsible for the investigation, apprehension and detention of persons or group suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the United States.
Patrols areas on foot and by motor vehicle and perform duty at various posts.
Engages in traffic control and serve as a deterrent to crime by being present in the area and through observation, inspection, and investigation.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance (T3 investigation).
- This position requires the incumbent to meet and maintain the Individual Personnel Reliability Program standards outlined in accordance with AR 190-56.
- This position is a drug testing-designated position and requires pre-employment and random drug testing thereafter.
- Must undergo an initial, and annually thereafter, physical examination to assess continued ability (physical, emotional, and mental stability) for effective performance.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
- This position is covered/subject to the provisions of the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban/1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Persons convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the position.
- This position requires shift work, rotating shifts, or a change in work shift to provide coverage on evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, or special situations.
- Overtime may be required as directed and is subject to recall for periods of emergency overtime.
- This position requires the incumbent to carry a firearm and must be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial qualification, and must qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- Must wear prescribed uniform.
- Must successfully complete CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Must successfully pass an entry level, and annual re-certification thereafter, standard Army physical fitness test, the Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- This position requires the incumbent to wear protective/chemical mask and other protective clothing and equipment such as masks, gloves, and use of aerosol irritants, taser, and baton.
- This position requires successful graduation from an United States Army Military Police Academy (USAMPS) accredited academy in accordance with Army Regulation 190-56.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain access to the Army Law Enforcement Report System (ALERTS), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) systems.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
GS-06 Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience performing law enforcement work that involves basic laws, regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and/or techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and/or property such as, patrolling assigned areas on foot and by motor vehicle, responding to various calls for law enforcement services, and preparing law enforcement related reports. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05 or equivalent).
GS-07 Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience performing a full range of law enforcement functions which involves interpreting, applying, and exercising discretion in enforcement of Federal and State criminal and traffic laws, regulations, and standards utilizing standard law enforcement techniques such as responding to calls involving crimes ranging from simple violations to felonies, operating emergency vehicles equipped with radar in order to pursue speeding vehicles when enforcing traffic regulations or laws, and preparing/reviewing law enforcement related reports and forms including statements, accident, patrol or field investigation reports; perform criminal investigative duties which include preserving evidence and interrogating suspects. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06 or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address DJ-APF-W6B6AA US ARMY GARRISON DUGWAY
DO NOT MAIL
Dugway, UT 84022
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk