Job opening: TRAINING SPECIALIST
Salary: $72 553 - 94 317 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a TRAINING SPECIALIST in the CENTER FOR INFORMATION WARFARE TRAINING
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: ST-12246716-24-TS. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
You will have experience using AIM, LOM, CPM, Salesforce, or other curriculum management software.
You will have prior background as an instructor or Master Training Specialist, teaching, or instructing in an adult education program, secondary school, college, or military installation preferred.
You will have experience supervising or administering a training program.
You will have experience in the development of training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluation of training results.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Utilizing experience as an Instructor or Master Training Specialist, teaching, or instructing in an adult education program, secondary school, college, or military installation; 2) Developing training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluation of training results; 3) Supervising or administering training programs in accordance with organization mission and objectives; and 4) Utilizing AIM, LOM, CPM, Salesforce, or other curriculum management software.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series and https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/training-instruction-series-1712/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.M., if related
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address CENINFOWARTRA PENSACOLA FL
640 Roberts Ave
Pensacola, FL 32511-5138
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]