Job opening: Police OFFICER
Salary: $45 877 - 66 276 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Shortage Category/Critical Need 5 U.S.C. 9902(b)(2), to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This position is located at the US Army Installation Management Command, USAG (Redstone Arsenal) Directorate of Emergency Services Police/Provost Marshall Division. This position is a GS-6 target GS-7, can be filled at either grade level if qualifications are met.
Respond immediately to, and conduct preliminary investigations relating to felonies, misdemeanors, and other criminal acts.
Serve as investigating officer in responding to vehicle accidents.
Act promptly, decisively, and judiciously when observing a violation or investigating a complaint, crime, or accident.
Interview witnesses and suspects to obtain and verify information.
Conduct traffic law enforcement patrol using specialized equipment such as radar, traffic classifier and breathalyzer.
Independently perform a broad range of law enforcement, investigation, crime prevention, force protection, access control, traffic control, and community policing.
Gather and analyze facts, preserve evidence, take measurement, prepare diagram and interview witnesses and persons involved in the accident.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Position requires a Secret clearance.
- Incumbent is subject to possible civil and criminal action due to improper exercises of authority or injudicious us of force in apprehension or detention of individuals.
- This position requires a initial and annual Drug Test.
- This position requires the incumbent to pass a pre-employment and recurring medical/psychiatric evaluation.
- Hours of work is subject to irregular and/or rotating shifts, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Incumbent is required to work overtime as directed and is subject to recall for emergency overtime.
- Incumbent must meet the Lautenberg Amendment requirements.
- Incumbent must be able to successfully pass training, certification and qualification requirements related to law enforcement work functions as prescribed by policy, regulations and statues.
- Position is subject to the Individual Reliability Program.
- This position is mission essential.
- GS-7: Successfully graduated from the Unites States Army Civilian Police Academy. Must upload certificate of completion.
- GS-6: Must successfully graduate from the Unites States Army Civilian Police Academy within 12 months of hire date unless given a waiver.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and a government motor vehicle operator's license.
- Incumbent will be required to successfully complete a Police Officer Field Training Program within 6 months upon initial assignment to law enforcement duties and maintain certification.
- Position requires heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience (GS-6): I have one year of specialized experience which includes law enforcement to keep order; executing patrols to prevent crime; and/or conducting investigations to solve crimes for maintaining order and protecting life and property. This experience also includes: (1) experience that provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property; (2) specialized experience may have been gained in work on a police force; (3) through service as a military police officer; (4) in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement in parks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; (5) in performing criminal investigative duties.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Specialized Experience (GS-07) I have one year of specialized experience which includes Issuing citations in violation of law enforcement regulations; conducting law enforcement investigations related to critical incidents; interviewing witnesses to gather information about incidents. This experience also includes (1) experience that provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property; (2) specialized experience may have been gained in work on a police force; (3) through service as a military police officer; (4) in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement in parks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; (5) in performing criminal investigative duties.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Computer LiteracyDecision MakingInterpersonal SkillsWritten Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-5) for the GS-6 and (GS-6) for the GS-7.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address BK-APF-W0WFAA US ARMY GARRISON REDSTONE
DO NOT MAIL
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk