Job opening: MATERIALS HANDLER
Salary: $22 - 26 per hour
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will unload materials as necessary, sort, and operate glass can crushers, industrial baler equipment, in the processing and staging of materials at the facility for eventual disposition.
You will provide information to personnel regarding items properly disposed at MCBH Landfill, and as required issues pass for landfill disposition.
You will be required to authenticate documents involving the receipt and disposition of material in the absence of higher-level center personnel.
You will serve at the Recycling Center and follow established MCBH and MarCorp regulations and procedures for receiving, processing, storing, and disposing of recyclable nonhazardous material.
You will carry out repetitive assignments governed by established procedures.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF THE POSITION WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL SUPERVISION SCREEN OUT ELEMENT. Receiving, processing, storing and disposing of recyclable nonhazardous material.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=WG-6900
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII
Kaneohe Bay, HI 96863
- Name: Jeffry Hart
- Phone: 808-257-5640
- Email: [email protected]