Job opening: CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL)
Salary: $17 - 20 per hour
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Intermittent
About the position: This position is located at the Child Development Center.
Department of the Air Force Child and Youth Programs Employee Child Care Discount applicable to this position (see Additional Information).
Pay will be set based on experience and education and/or certification:
Target Level: $19.54
Intermediate Level: $18.43
Entry Level: $17.39
- This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- This position has been identified as a Test Designated Position (TDP). The incumbent of this position will be subject to and must consent to a pre-employment and random drug testing.
- This position has physical lifting requirement which requires the incumbent to complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain, maintain, and provide evidence of current immunizations this includes annual influenza vaccinations and be free of all communicable diseases.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete assigned training, to include Food Handlers certification, within specified time from date hire or assignment to position.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 12/21/2023
Business Based ActionMilitary Spouse PreferenceOutside Applicant VeteranSpouse/Widow/Parent of VeteranTransition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Qualifying Experience: ALL LEVELS
Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent; and be able to provide proof (i.e., diploma or equivalent) for verification.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-02 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of applicable training modules;
30 semester hours above the high school level which included at least 15 semester hours in early childhood education, youth development, or related fields.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-01 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of 3 AF modules (or equivalent) AND AF Orientation Training Program;
15 semester hours above the high school level in early childhood education, youth development, or related field.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
This is an entry level position; no previous experience required.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does allow for education substitution in order to qualify.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Keesler Child and Youth Services Flight
81 FSS/FSMH, 500 Fisher St, Bldg 0701, Room 211
Keesler AFB, MS 39534-2223
- Name: Keesler NAF HR Office
- Email: [email protected]