Job opening: LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $57 118 - 74 250 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1178P01 and is part of the LOGISTICS, National Guard.
This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.
As a Logistics Management Specialist, GS-0346-09, you will function as the logistics manager of the organization and to serve as the organizational Property Book Officer (PBO) responsible for routine accomplishment and oversight of property accountability functions.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position within 1 year of appointment.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
Military Grades: Enlisted
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: - Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities). Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices. Experience planning and organizing work assignments.
Education requirements - Not applicable for this position
- Address LOGISTICS
330 OLD NISKAYUNA ROAD
LATHAM, NY 12110
- Name: New York HRO
- Email: [email protected]