Job opening: Supv Training Specialist
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: The Supervisor Training Specialist serve as the Chief of the Training Branch, within the G-3'5/7 Division, providing technical, professional advice on all G-3 training issues, operations and activities for the MSE, a non-deployable TDA organization, located on Fort Riley, KS.
Serves as an authoritative consultant and troubleshooter for G-3 Training.
Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the operations and activities of the G-3 Training Branch.
Develops, recommends, and implements FORSCOM and MSE policies/procedures concerning management of TADSS at training support centers (TSC), and in TDA/TOE units in the MSE area of responsibility (AOR).
Trains employees in their work or directs such training.
Establishes performance standards and renders performance appraisals. Schedules any available training for employees relevant to their job.
Conducts staff visits to military organizations in the MSE AOR and provides training assistance visits to units to determine specific needs relative to TADSS support.
Recommends installation delivery priorities and coordinates directly with the materiel developer to ship IAW established priorities.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
- This position is supervisory as defined by the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) General Schedule Supervisory Guide (GSSG). A one-year probation to assess your ability to perform supervisory duties is required unless previously completed.
- In accordance with AR 690-11, this position has been designated as "Key" and shall not be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization as doing so would seriously impair the capability of the organization to function effectively.
- Due to the nature of this position, employees are required to work both planned and unscheduled overtime.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- In accordance with AR 690-11, this position has been designated as "Emergency-Essential".
- Appointment to this position is subject to a one year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesDefense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange AgreementDomestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceExecutive Order (E.O.) 12721Land Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473People with Disabilities, Schedule APriority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability RetirementPriority Placement Program, DoD Retained Grade Preference EligibleVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes : provides assistance in conducting analysis/studies of how current and future combat development, doctrine, threat, and/or force structure impact military training; Presents briefings to Senior Level officials regarding military exercise training programs/simulations; Applies fundamental implementation strategy and knowledge of constructive training simulations technology, staff operations, and methods to train staff in joint military training operations; Provides leadership and/or manage training activities and/or military exercises to assist in the evaluation of the Components/units ability to perform its mission in a digital environment. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Education / Training Program AdministrationManaging Human ResourcesOral CommunicationProblem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address EM-APF-WAMH96 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION SENIOR CDR AUG TDA
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Riley, KS 66442
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk