Job opening: EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN (CHILD DEVELOPMENT)
Salary: $38 181 - 49 640 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide appropriate, specialized developmental care and instruction for children in the Child Development Center (CDC). In addition, performs basic oversight and supervision for a designated classroom for ages 6 months through 5 years. (Cont'd in Duties)..
..(Cont'd from Summary) The incumbent may be designated as the supervisor on duty, as needed, whenever the Child Development Center (CDC) Director is not physically in the facility.
Designs, implements, and reviews activity plans.
Observes and evaluates each child's health and development and reports on and maintains records of observations.
Prepares and implements specialized programs for children with special needs, i.e., children with disciplinary problems, learning disabilities, or gifted children.
Provides technical guidance and leadership to junior employees assigned to assist with program activities and participates in special projects.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- Full/part-time employees occupying direct childcare positions are eligible for discounts IAW DAF AFSVC/CC Memo, 30 Sep 22; first child 100% / each additional child 25%. Other assigned CYP and FCC personnel are eligible for 25% discount.
- Advance in hire may be authorized if there is demonstrable proof provided on your resume.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments.
- Must complete additional training requirements to include Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, First Aid, rescue breathing, and food handlers.
- Training may be conducted during evening and weekend hours.
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical and keep current on all immunizations.
- This position has been identified as having "regular contact with children." IAW Public Law 101-647 Section 231, and Public Law 102-190, Section 1094. (Cont'd)
- (Cont'd) A FBI fingerprint and State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) Check will be completed on any person selected for this position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, for the GS-1702, Education and Training Technician Series.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes, (1) Knowledge of early child development theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, intellectual, social, and nutritional development to effectively interact with the children and design and implement activity plans and specialized programs depending on the individual needs of the child; (2) Knowledge of Child Development Center procedures to ensure processes such as receiving children from parents, maintaining accurate count of children, and seeing children home at the end of the day are properly carried out, and to ensure established procedures for preventing, treating, and reporting all child injury, illness, and/or abuse are adhered to; (3) Knowledge of an extensive body of child development program rules and procedures requiring extended training and experience to plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated child care assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
EDUCATION: Applicants must have successfully completed four (4) years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Child Development regulations, procedures, and processes.
2. Knowledge of early child development theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
3. Knowledge of Child Development Center regulations, programs, and operations.
4. Ability to develop creative and innovative activity and special program plans.
5. Ability to promote and foster effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to ensure the safety and hygiene of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, and proper management of equipment.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcripts with the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JBSA Randolph AFB
550 D Street East
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]