Job opening: PROCUREMENT ANALYST (Contract Data Specialist)
Salary: $99 908 - 152 771 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve at the MAJCOM level, to define, lead, and manage overall digital and e-business efforts to include multifactorial contracting problems and business and acquisition concepts.
Defines, leads, and manages expert and current technical knowledge manages new and existing contract data analytics efforts while serving as the technical authority and expert advisor to contracting activities and/or other acquisition team members in using, analyzing, and presenting contract data to resolve contractual issues during all phases of the acquisition process.
Provides expert advisory services and leadership for broad and complex programs, systems, and processes that advance the state of the art in data access, retrieval, utilization, and visualization.
Plans, leads, and conducts training of contracting personnel Air Force wide to effectively improve systematic business systems performance across the enterprise.
Leads special teams, projects, and initiatives as a data technical authority.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance, see www.sss.gov
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
- Relocation costs or other incentives may be available and considered by the organization.
- Selectee is expected to be granted with and/or maintain the appropriate security clearance required for the position.
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- This position may require drug testing and the candidate may be subject to passing a drug test upon selection
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- This position may require travel.
- Selectee may be required to serve a probationary or trial period.
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations. This is a Centrally Managed position under the Contracting Career Field.
- The employee must, within 30-days of assuming this position and by 31 October annually, thereafter, file an OGE-450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP). Unless waived, the selectee must: be member of the Acq Corps or be able to be inducted in 6 mos;
- agree to remain in this position for 3 years; meet certification requirements or be able to meet them within 2 years; engage in continuous learning activities.
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.66, Defense Acquisition Workforce Education, Training, Experience, and Career Development..
***NOTE *** Applicants must meet the basic requirements and Specialized experience as stated in this announcement.
BASIC EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS.
A current member of the Armed Forces (not retired or separated) OR a current DOD employee that meets the following requirements: 1) served as a contracting officer with authority to award or administer in excess of the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT) on or before 30 September 2000; 2) served in an 1102 position or as a Service member in a similar occupational specialty on or before September 30, 2000; OR, (3) is an enlisted member of the Contingency Contracting Force (CCF). This exemption only applies to CCF members in their current or future CCF positions. The baccalaureate degree exemption does not apply to current CCF members seeking new hire employment within DoD as an 1102. or (4) is described in subsection (e)(1)(B) of 10 USC 1724. NOTE: MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS WITH APPLICATION.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the basic DAWIA requirements described above, applicants must possess, or within 120 days will possess, one year of experience in contracting. One year must have been specialized experience at the next lower broadband NH-03 equivalent to the next lower grade GS-13 or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized Experience is the experience to plan, organize and direct as the administrator for Contracting Business systems to include development and execution for training of procurement personnel and experience providing expert acquisition and contracting business systems advice to contracting personnel as a technical subject matter expert. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Mastery of a full range of Federal contracting laws, executive orders, regulations, principles, policies, procedures, methods, techniques, and contract types applicable to pre-award and post-award actions for a variety of complex and/or diversified services and commodities.
2. Subject matter expert in contracting business systems (including data exchanges between business systems), contract data analytics, quantitative tools, research and data mining techniques, business intelligence and market intelligence.
3. Superior analytical and critical thinking skill sufficient to query data, evaluate statistics, reports, models, problems, and other relevant material as a basis for validating data and underlying assumptions, developing recommendation to support fact-based decision making and risk taking and developing and implementing training, tools, guides and/or procedures.
4. Mastery of skill in oral communications to present sensitive recommendations to higher authority, to provide training to leaders, peers, and subordinates, to obtain compliance with policies from subordinate activities, and to represent the department or agency on project teams/task forces, and skill in written communications sufficient to develop and publish regulations, guidance, training, and materials.
5. Skill in providing training and guidance across the enterprise from a digital perspective, included updated policy, tools development, and advancements in industry.
6. Skill in leading a team in a special project and/or special area of expertise.
7. Demonstrated skill and ability in networking and building relationships with professional organizations within and outside the government.
8. Skill in setting priorities, establishing goals, and assessing progress toward their achievement for completion of multiple assignments based on the needs of the organization and their customers.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY
? If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Wright Patterson AFB
2000 Allbrook Drive
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]