Job opening: SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Salary: $53 786 - 69 926 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR in the ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT of JOINT TYPHOON WARCEN PEARL HARBOR HI.
You will plan, organize, direct and supervise the work schedule, including the prioritization of work.
You will directly supervise one secretary, one office automation clerk, and one administrative assistant.
You will make assignments and review completed work.
You will establish critical elements and performance standards.
You will evaluate performance and recommend performance awards, within-grade increases, retention of probationary employees, and promotions.
You will take or recommend disciplinary action to higher authority.
You will provide on-the-job training for administrative department personnel.
You will write and maintain current position descriptions and initiate requests to fill vacancies.
You will develop and issue written administrative directives and guidance as necessary.
You will provide clerical, word processing, secretarial, general administrative services and postal services.
You will inform subordinates about management policies and procedures.
You will serve as Postal Officer, ensuring postal regulations are implemented and observed in the receipt, distribution and security of mail received.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station.
- This position is eligible for part time, substantial or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Experience performing supervisory duties such as making work assignments based on priority of work and reviewing completed work to ensure compliance with applicable directives, regulations, and manuals.
Experience utilizing and managing timekeeping as a supervisor utilizing system such as or similar to SLDCDA payroll system by certifying time on a biweekly basis.
Experience applying U.S. Postal regulations to ensure receipt, distribution, and security of official and personal mail are being implemented and observed by mail orderlies.
Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting data and conclusions on various administrative support matters such as reports control, record keeping, mail distribution, and written correspondence.
In addition to the above specialized experience, this position has an Individual Occupational Requirements which is: Specialized Experience (for positions above GS-5): One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower level in the normal line of progression that demonstrated knowledge of the methods and procedures for providing or performing a variety of functions and services applicable to the position to be filled; ability to plan, organize, and control work involving diverse activities; ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others; and skill in oral and written communications. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include:
Management analyst or technician or other work that included study, analysis, or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices, and procedures.
Administrative officer or assistant, budget administration, program analysis, or other work that demonstrated knowledge of an organization and its functions, and the ways in which support services can facilitate the work of the organization.
Office management experience that included responsibility for directing a variety of support services such as typing, mail processing, purchase of supplies and equipment, etc.
Secretarial work that required monitoring and coordinating administrative and processing work of subordinate elements through a system of internal procedures, controls, production, progress reporting, etc., to insure the efficient operation of an organization.
Military experience that included responsibility for directing a variety of support functions such as communications, property management, mail service, facilities and equipment maintenance, etc
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-SeriesExperience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Major study -- public administration, business administration, industrial engineering, industrial management, or other administrative or management fields related to the position to be filled. For some positions in this series, graduate education may not provide the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience may be required for such positions.
One full academic year of graduate-level education is creditable.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are also qualifying for grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address JOINT TYPHOON WARCEN PEARL HARBOR HI
Technical Services Department
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]