Job opening: IT PROJECT MANAGER (SYSANALYSIS)
Salary: $99 714 - 129 625 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will manage the delivery of C4S solutions, and provide consistent coordination, interaction, and communications to the N6 customers on all initiatives.
You will coordinate with the Technical Services, Mission Support, Ashore Program Management Office and Service Execution divisions to ensure timely delivery of C4S Afloat C2 Programs.
You will manage direct support to the Afloat Program management office division to enable the delivery of C4S solutions.
You will coordinate internally across the division to ensure the solutions are engineered, tested, secured, and integrated.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final SECRET security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 802 level II within 12 months of appointment.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:Coordinate internally across the division to ensure the solutions are engineered, tested, secured and integrated.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: directs the continuous assessment of the functionality of Afloat C2 Programs to ensure satisfactory performance and to ensure sustainment and delivery of IT services that are responsive to customer needs.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include makes formal and informal contact with users, project managers, and internal personnel to communicate program plans and expected outcomes.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency Include reviewing administrative audit and investigative reports to determine appropriate changes or corrective action required.
In addition to demonstrating the four competencies above, Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Utilizing the concepts, principles, methods, and practices in systems development and implementation sufficient to design, develop, implement, and/or maintain organization programs.
Utilizing IT systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and/or tools sufficient to test the functionality and operability of system applications.
Applying program and project management skills for effective planning and execution of organization programs.
Developing life cycle cost analyses for projects or programs.
Performing cost benefit or economic evaluations of IT programs.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND
471 East C Street
- Name: Nelson Clark
- Email: [email protected]