Job opening: INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $66 134 - 85 971 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Inventory Management Specialist in the NAVSUP FLCSD of NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR SAN DIEGO.
You will provide technical expertise in the Inventory Accuracy Program.
You will generate regular reports and statistics as required to ensure warehouse and distribution functions are meeting NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center operational goals.
You will maintain monthly metrics data on inventory accuracy operations and ensure timeliness of information.
You will analyze, plan, and develop inventory accuracy methods, which influence both future and current mission capabilities and goals.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-7) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector applying a practical knowledge of a wide range of well established and commonly applied supply principles, concepts, and methodologies pertaining to Inventory Management in one or more of the technical supply specializations or of supply program operations. Specialized experience must include:1) Providing technical expertise in the Inventory Accuracy Program including but not limited to the use of automated record filing systems in Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (NERP),compliance with Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR), Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information Systems (NALCOMIS), Product Data Reporting and Evaluation Program (PDREP), and NAVSUP InforM-21, and manuals such as NAVSUP Publication 485, NAVSUP Publication 723 and COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790;2) Ensuring material such as fragile and delicate instruments, aviation, classified and ordnance supplies, depot level repairable, electrical and electronic components properly inventoried and chain-of-custody properly accounted for and documented;3) Maintaining monthly metrics data on inventory accuracy operations and ensures timeliness of information;4) Effectively communicating verbally and in writing to ensure inventory accuracy reconciliations;5) Performing causative research in order to effectively locate and resolve inventory discrepancies.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D., if related
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR SAN DIEGO
3985 Cummings Road
San Diego, CA 92136
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]