Job opening: Health System Specialist
Salary: $59 510 - 77 360 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Job located on Fort Gregg- Adams (Formerly Fort Lee), in the Behavioral health department working under the supervision of Clinical Support Division. Work hour ranges from 0700-1700 but will not exceed an 8 hour workday. Team will consist of 40 personnel. Applicant can expect to achieve experience as a practice manager, proficiency in data analysis and gain knowledge of the Military health System business plan requirements
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Provide guidance on matters such as personnel, supply, and equipment procurement.
Serve as primary point of contact for administrative questions and concerns within the clinic.
Analyze daily patient and provider workflow of individuals and teams to improve processes and operations.
Create spreadsheets and charts to display data and trends that leaders can brief outside agencies.
Monitor multiple database elements to advise leadership on inefficiencies.
Maintain department's databases to ensure data is properly maintained.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. This position requires a National Agency Check w/ Inquiries (NACI) background check.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination. A candidate selected to this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to annual seasonal influenza vaccination.
- Employees assigned to a medical treatment facility are required to be screened for applicable immunizations or pre-existing immunity based on occupational risk, regardless of job series.
- This position is subject to screening and update of required immunizations unless exempted for medical or administrative reasons in accordance with Army Regulation 40-562, Chapters 3 and 4.
- This position may be eligible for Situational/Ad-HOC Telework.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service which includes assisting with administrative policies, programs or operations related to health care delivery. Utilizing automated systems to enter and retrieve data. Extracting and analyzing data from a variety of medical information systems. Assisting with the preparation of various data reports.
Education: Successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree a major in hospital administration, public health administration, or related fields such as business or public administration with course work in health care administration. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of by 60. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83CU DHA STAND-ALONE MKT-KENNER AHC
DO NOT USE
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk