Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/SYSADMIN)
Salary: $69 961 - 95 609 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will serve as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC/SYSADMIN) in the UARNOC Division, Operations Department at Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Atlantic (NCTAMSLANT).
You will perform routine system inspections and maintenance, software installations, software patches, software/hardware upgrades, and configuration management.
You will maintain Information Assurance (IA) posture through provided tools such as Host Based Security Systems, Windows Server Update Service, Antivirus Software, etc.
You will update system documentation to include maintenance of the system architecture configuration and baseline to keep site documentation.
You will provide 24/7 operations, hardware/software configuration and maintenance support for the Video Telecommunications (VTC) over Secure IP network.
You will assure the operational capabilities for both classified and unclassified conference, for authorized users.
You will provide training for VTC users on optimal operation of VTC systems.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 441 within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Facilitating and maintaining VTC hub operations.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Experience demonstrating this competency include: Providing external customers advice on appropriate multimedia formats, presentation techniques, and operational requirements for video telecommunications.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Explaining and producing documents, charts, graphs and reports.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Troubleshooting video telecommunication equipment and Local Area Network (LAN) capability.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have qualifying experience such as:
-Experience identifying system architecture used for classified and unclassified Video Telecommunications over Secure IP (VTCOSIP) conferences, both shipboard and ashore.
-Experience working with Information Assurance (IA) processes and procedures to maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) VTC hubs and associated equipment such as servers, gateways, and routers.
-Experience using Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for installed equipment.
-Experience troubleshooting circuit and network outages, making patches to establish, restore, or reroute services, and general operations and maintenance of technical control equipment supporting Video Telecommunication (VTC) services.
This position is within the Work Category PROFESSIONAL at Work Level FULL PERFORMANCE, Series and Grade GG-2210-11.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position:
Completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; OR
Completed 3 full years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; OR
Graduate education that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
NOTE: You must submit copies of your official/unofficial transcripts to support your response.
- Address NCTAMSLANT NORVA
9624 Moffett Ave
Norfolk, VA 23511
- Name: John Hooker Jr
- Email: [email protected]