Job opening: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Salary: $51 934 - 82 580 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST in the Production Resources Department, Production Workforce Division of PSNS and IMF.
GS-07: $51,934 - $67,514 per annum
GS-09: $63,526 - $82,580 per annum
You will be providing information and interpreting standard organizational budgetary, accounting, or financial administrative procedures, practices, and regulations.
You will be researching guides to locate accounting, budgetary, and financial information and preparing summaries for use by managers.
You will be performing specialized work involving managerial or administrative work in connection with accounting systems; and analytical, forecasting, and interpretive functions associated with the management and the control of resources or funds.
You will be tracking and controlling funds for special programs and analytical or program work pertaining to payroll, cash control, or benefit systems.
You will perform a variety of other fiscal, accounting, or financial management duties and responsibilities.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level I certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector using automated financial systems to track financial information and perform analysis of financial transactions to reconcile postings or identify discrepancies.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector using automated financial systems to compile data, track financial information, and perform analysis of financial transactions to ensure that the use of funds are cost effective and meet organizational goals.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Substitution of Education is permitted for this position.
For the GS-09 position applicants must possess any one of the following:
Successfully completed a master's or equivalent graduate degree
Successfully completed two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree
Have obtained an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to the position being filled https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/
Have a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience. Percentage of the required education plus percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.
For the GS-07 position applicants must possess any one of the following:
Successfully completed one full year of graduate level education
Successfully completed a bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
Have a combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience. Percentage of the required education plus percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address PSNS and IMF
1400 Farragut Ave
Bremerton, WA 98314
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]