Job opening: Management and Program Analyst
Salary: $99 764 - 129 691 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Employee serve as Director of the Fort Sam Houston/Camp Bullis Mission Training Complex (MTC) and is responsible for supervision and management of the installation's mission command training facilities. This includes direct contract management of the MTC.
***Note: Duty location will be Camp Bullis, which is located approximately 30 miles north of Fort Sam Houston.
Responsible for resource and contractual oversight for the Mission Training Complex.
Direct the work of the organization, tasking contractors and others to perform essential operating functions.
Provide program management oversight and programmatic guidance for contractor personnel assigned to the organization.
Plan, direct, and oversee the mission-essential functions of the MTC.
Assure work practices are followed and that the workforce is properly oriented, trained, disciplined, and counseled.
Develop operational and facility modernization budgets and manage an annual operations and maintenance budget.
Serve as MTC subject matter expert for installation staff sections (e.g., Civilian Personnel, Forces Development, Equal Employment Opportunity, Safety, Inspector General, etc.) concerning inspections, reviews, and coordination.
Coordinate training support with National Guard and Reserve component units as well as other services and foreign allies.
Prepare and deliver briefings on Mission Command Training Strategy, to include cost and use of available technology.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Incumbent of this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
- Position may be required to Travel for Duty (TDY) up to 25% of the time.
- Position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program. Incumbent must pass urinalysis testing, as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Position is classified as Mission Essential (needed to ensure the continued operation functions of an activity). In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergencies, employee must report to work and/or remain at work as scheduled.
- Position is classified as a Key position. A Key position is a Federal position that shall not be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without seriously impairing the capability of the parent Agency or office to function effectively.
- Incumbent of this position is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE- 450, upon entering the position and annually thereafter.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesDomestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: Your resume must reflect at least one year of specialized experience which includes: managing or overseeing training operations for an organization; developing, planning and executing training requirements; providing technical advise to leadership and/or subordinate organizations on the effective use of training resources; providing oversight on contract execution and performance; training, coaching and/or mentoring subordinate employees. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-???????12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address FR-APF-W6CHAA US ARMY GARRISON FT. SAM HOUSTON
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk