Job opening: SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST (JOINT)
Salary: $121 059 - 157 373 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST (JOINT) of HEADQUARTERS US INDO-PACIFIC COMMAND.
You will oversee a Combatant Command Branch consisting of approximately 3 military/4 civilian personnel.
You will provide oversight and liaising with Joint Staff and subordinate commands in addition to of manpower related programs and projects.
You will advise and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management
You will hear and resolve employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management
You will provide a full range of comprehensive joint manpower and organizational services to a wide variety of joint organizations throughout U.S. Indo-Pacific Command's (US INDOPACOM) area of responsibility (AOR).
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution process for Manpower
Providing senior leadership on capabilities and analysis of workload requirements to validate man-hours, skill, staffing patterns, and optimal organizational design to execute the workload
Interpreting complex legal and policy theories and apply them to analysis of requirements, resources, and organizational design requirements
Managing projects to develop plan of actions, milestones, analysis of alternatives, and lead cross-functional teams when required in a disparate functional staff
Working knowledge and experience at a higher headquarters providing effective oversite of subordinate units
Performing required duties with little to no supervision and self-guided execution of complex projects and tasks
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address HEADQUARTERS US INDO-PACIFIC COMMAND
HQ US Pacific Command
Honolulu, HI 96701
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]