Job opening: OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
Salary: $99 908 - 129 057 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an Operations Research Analyst in the program office of MARCORSYSCOM/PEO MLB.
You will analyze options and perform cost estimating and/or analysis for programs/projects to reflect requirement or economic changes.
You will develop complete and quality mathematical models, results, and documentation to timely support decision making of internal and external stakeholders.
You will manage resources to conduct analyses.
You will plan complex analyses.
You will develop and present various detailed reports and briefs to convey results and information to senior management, stakeholders, and decision makers.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or NH-03 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Planning complex analyses, and applying various statistical and mathematical techniques to convert data and information into analytical results to advise technical, financial, and program/project managers on solving complex problems.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Operations Research Series 1515 (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following positive education qualifications requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
A bachelor's degree or higher degree in operations research
A bachelor's degree or higher degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics and at least 3 of the 24 semester hours are in calculus.
- Address MARCORSYSCOM
2200 Lester Street
Quantico, VA 22134
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]