Job opening: CYS Training Specialist NF-04
Salary: $59 505 - 63 400 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located at Fort Liberty, NC.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies throughout the program. Management has the right to assign staff to locations as mission requires.
This position is eligible for the NAF benefits package and leave accrual.
Plan and implement a comprehensive training and professional development program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
Designs, administers and conducts the Foundation, Annual/On-Going training requirements based on course outlines. Conducts training both on-the-job and in classroom settings based on developed training plan.
Designs and implements annual CYS program plan to include training goals and objectives, plan to meet individual staff needs, curriculum framework that encompasses the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children/youth.
Observes in appropriate program settings throughout all hours of operation to assess and evaluate staff competency and provide feedback.
Manages program to budget. Conducts written analyses of budget variances, and prepares justification for funding of program resource requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- The Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained.
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
- Travel to on and off post locations required.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy to include annual influenza vaccinations.
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development or early childhood education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled consistent with:
For positions in CDC, FCC or CLEOS an undergraduate degree with a major course of study in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Elementary Education is required.
For positions in SAS an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; Youth Development; Elementary and Secondary Education is required.
For positions in a middle school/teen program, an undergraduate degree in youth development, elementary education and secondary education is required.
Combination of education and experience as follows:
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in an appropriate CYS field commensurate with the program assigned as indicated above, plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above.
In addition, candidate must possess:
1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs.
2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position.
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable.
- Address DN-NAF-W0U3AA U S ARMYGARRISONFTLIBERTYHQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Liberty, NC 28310
- Name: CHRA NAF C2SC - Recruitment Branch
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]