Job opening: Sports and Fitness Director (CYS) NF-04
Salary: $82 830 - 90 000 per year
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is for Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) at Fort Drum, New York. FMWR includes Child and Youth Services, Business Recreation, and Support Services, which enable Soldier readiness, support the resiliency and well-being of Soldiers and Families.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for (2) professional and personal references on your resume.
Under the direction of the installation CYS coordinator, serves as a Sports and Fitness (S/F) Director with overall responsibility for the operation, integration, coordination, and oversight of a comprehensive CYS Sports and Fitness Program.
Responsible for the development of a broad volunteer program which includes recruiting, training, certifying, and managing coaches and officials for various sports.
Ensures staff and volunteers follow risk management procedures (i.e., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention, etc.). Monitors adult/participant ratios to ensure proper staffing policies are enforced.
Initiates and maintains necessary relationships with local schools, community agencies and other like groups. Develops and maintains partnerships beneficial to CYS program participants.
Serves as Subject Matter Expert on installation Child and Youth Services sports and fitness issues. Prepares reports, surveys, and briefings for command and installation on matters pertaining to CYS.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Proof of education is required at the time of application.
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with ARs 215-3, 2-15j, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
- Must possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis. Must obtain/maintain certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Must complete a health assessment including all required immunizations. Must obtain (within 6 months of employment) and maintain certification as a Youth Sports Administrator through the National Alliance of Youth Sports.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable suitability determination.
- Any individual who was required to register with selective service and who has not registered or knowingly and willingly did not register before the requirement terminated or become inapplicable to the individual will not be appointed.
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below.
- A one-year Supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Work schedule may be irregular. The incumbent may be required to work, nights, weekends, holidays and/or special events.
Possess a bachelor's degree or higher in physical education, OR all of the following equivalent in scope and complexity to the next lower grade level.
1. At least one year of experience as a director or assistant director of a child/youth or sports and fitness or physical education program which included a variety of individual and team sports.
2. Experience applying nationally-recognized requirements (i.e., NAYS, NYS, NYSCA) to recruit, train, and manage coaches for various sports, or experience coaching multiple youth sports.
3. Experience in delivering or demonstrated knowledge of requirements for age-appropriate health and fitness programs for children/youth.
4. Experience in developing partnerships with schools, community organizations, or similar
Recommended highly-qualifying: In addition to the above, highly qualified candidates will possess a master's degree or two years of graduate-level education which included substantial coursework directly related to children or youth (i.e., PE for children, motor skills development, childhood development, early/elementary/secondary education, health/nutrition for children, child/adolescent psychology, etc.), OR At least two years of experience in directing a child/youth sports and fitness or physical education program for children and youth.
Applicants that possess highly qualifying experience may be sent first for consideration.
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable
- Address BN-NAF-W0XQAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT DRUM
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Drum, NY 13602
- Name: CHRA NAF C2SC - Recruitment Branch
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]