Job opening: SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $59 407 - 77 226 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in the STAFF SUPPLY SECTION of COMMANDER US PACIFIC FLEET.
You will serve as Agency/Organization Program Coordinator (A/OPC) for the Headquarters' Government-Commercial Purchase Card (GCPC) Program.
You will be responsible for implementing GCPC Program Management Policy in accordance with NAVSUP 4200.99B and other related instructions for GCPC Program.
You will provide technical and administrative guidance to cardholders, authorizing officials, alternate A/OPC, and lower-graded personnel within the assigned department.
You will be responsible in providing logistics support to the command and other unit detachments from San Diego, CA, Bremerton, WA, Singapore, and other sites, as necessary.
You will be responsible for certifying payment vouchers and documents for commercial vendor invoices.
You will serve as Personal Property Manager (PPM) for COMPACFLT.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector analyzing supply principles, concepts, and methodologies in order to provide services or to resolve logistical or financial issues for a supply program, a Government-wide Commercial Purchase Card (GCPC) Program, and a personal property management program.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree
Successful completion of two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree
Possession of an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to this position being filled. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/
A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address COMMANDER US PACIFIC FLEET
250 Makalapa Drive Bldg 81
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-3131
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]