Job opening: SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $127 722 - 166 036 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST of NAVSUP WEAPON SYSTEMS SUPPORT.
You will identify potential logistics problems and coordinate with the COMNAVAIRSYSCOM program office for resolution when impacting current operating F/A-18 weapon systems and/or new weapons systems acquisition.
You will formulate strategies to be followed by IWST personnel in the computing requirement determinations to forecast aviation demands of the operating systems.
You will update/change methods in order to cope with the rapidly changing support requirements associated with the highly sophisticated weapon systems.
You will develop process improvements to yield cost gains and meet/exceed customer needs and expectations.
You will develop and coordinate the execution of budget estimates and buy plans for the commodities controlled by the IWST.
You will ensure timely budget submissions when program changes warrant increased funding levels not previously identified.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Feld Life Cycle Logistics Level III. Certification is required within 24 months of appointment.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Supervising, advising, and overseeing logistic processes in an aviation weapon systems command setting; 2) Identifying the specific requirements for resources, material, facilities, and services needed to support the programs; 3) Developing and implementing short and long range plans and strategies to improve supply management and logistic processes; 4) Directing, developing, and performing logistics management operations involving requirements determinations, acquisition of parts and components, and managing repair schedules.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVSUP WEAPON SYSTEMS SUPPORT
Naval Supply Weapon Systems Support
5450 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-0791
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]