Job opening: Supply Technician (Data Transcription/Motor Vehicle Operator)
Salary: $53 105 - 69 035 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is a TERM Not to Exceed 13 months position. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of eight years.
This is an obligated position.
An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement based on active military service, recovery from a compensable injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour. See 'Additional Information' section for more details.
Prepares and processes a variety of supply/procurement documents and maintains a control system for these transactions.
Performs variety of customer service and clerical tasks such as issuing office supplies and maintaining an inventory management process for durable and expendable supplies.
Serves as Key Control Officer for The United States Army Field Band ensuring the unit is in compliance with DoD, Installation, and TUSAFB published physical security guidance for key control programs.
Operates automated data processing system to record changes made to property accountability records and to transcribe source documents in same format and sequence as transcribed for purposes of generating supply documents and transactions.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This is a Term position scheduled to last 13 Months. A term position may be extended to a maximum of eight years depending upon the needs of management.
- Term employment is subject to a one year trial period. Employees serving a trial period can be removed with limited appeal rights.
- This is an obligated position. An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement based on active military service, recovery from a compensable injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a background investigation to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position requires the employee complete and pass the Army Accident-Avoidance Course.
- This position requires that the employee be able to complete and pass any government vehicle operator qualification and certifications to receive a Government Driver's license and to operate government vehicles.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes:1) knowledge of supply regulations, policies, or procedures; 2) distributing supplies; AND 3) performing supply requisition. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as Business or Supply Chain Management.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address BF-APF-WCTS99 AG BND AUGMENTATION
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk