Job opening: PROGRAM MANAGER
Salary: $132 368 - 183 500 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as theTechnology Maturation and Transition Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for the Mission Integration and Special Programs Office (PMA-298) within the Naval Air Systems Command of NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND.
You will will be responsible for mission engineering, capability effectiveness, and technology maturation and integration that supports
delivering unmatched Naval Aviation, Navy and Joint Force warfighting capabilities on behalf of NAVAIR.
You will interface with pillar acquisition programs, NAVAIR chief engineers, executives, and external partners
You will provide leadership by supporting the Program mission and contributing to the establishment of Program priorities, maintaining the culture and environment of the IPT.
You will represent the PMA during programmatic and/or technical reviews with external stakeholders to review, track, monitor, coordinate and align funding priorities
You will be responsible for identifying technology maturation opportunities, pursuing projects that align with the Program mission, and developing, acquiring, and sustaining IPT products to support the warfighter
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-13) grade level or pay band (NH-03) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Responsible for mission engineering, capability effectiveness, and technology maturation and integration that supports delivering unmatched Naval Aviation, Navy and Joint Force warfighting capabilities on behalf of NAVAIR; 2) Providing representation during programmatic and/or technical reviews with external stakeholders to review, track, monitor, coordinate and align funding priorities; 3) Providing support during all phases of program planning, programming, budget, and execution to include oversight and coordination across the Department, other Services, the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Intelligence Community as appropriate
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND
Patuxent River, MD 20670
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]