Job opening: TRAINING DEVICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary: $42 022 - 54 625 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a TRAINING DEVICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT in the Operations Department at the Commander Strike Fighter Wing, U.S. Pacific Fleet (COMSTRIKEFIGHTWINGPAC) at Naval Air Station Lemoore, CA.
You will assist the CSFWP FA-18 Staff in the general office work necessary to efficiently operate theFA-18 Aircrew Training Center, and the training devices contained therein.
You will provide scheduling, facilitating training device usage maximization, recording usage statistics, executing inventory control, managing security access control, and general clerical services.
You will receive visiting personnel and phone calls directing visitors and callers to appropriate staff
You will coordinate incoming and outgoing mail
You will monitor security clearances for all on-site personnel
You will coordinate maintenance and repair requests
You will coordinate obtaining supplies and equipment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-05) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing general administrative or clerical duties, such as receiving visiting personnel and phone calls directing visitors and callers to appropriate staff; coordinating incoming and outgoing mail; assisting in scheduling; record keeping; managing access control; and providing general clerical services using office automation software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
There is no educational substitute for experience in this series at this grade level.
- Address STRIKE FIGHTER WING PACIFIC STAFF
700 Avenger Avenue
Lemoore, CA 93246-5001
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]