Job opening: HEALTH TECHNICIAN (AUDIOLOGY)
Salary: $46 736 - 60 753 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Health Technician (Audiology) in the Occupational Health Department, Branch Health Clinic, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Directorate for Branch Clinics, Navel Hospital Bremerton (NHB) of NMRTC BREMERTON WA.
This announcement uses the Expansion of Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
You will assist in the development of training materials for the Hearing Conservation Program.
You will maintain a well-organized filing system with a thorough knowledge of the functions of this section in order classify, file and retrieve material when required.
You will assemble patient charts, record orders and integrate test results.
You will utilize governing knowledge on the Privacy Act, HIPAA, and release of medical information.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
- Government Information Technology (IT) Systems: Misuse of Government IT Systems is cause for disciplinary action, including removal.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Utilizing skills and knowledge to measure and evaluate changes in hearing threshold levels with the aid of the calibrated audiometer.
Interviewing patients to obtain and record information on past noise exposures, known diseases, and/or injuries that may affect the status of hearing, comparing past history and records to the present information obtained.
Recording the results of the hearing testing, retesting, and/or referral for diagnostic procedures.
Writing consults to the Audiologist in accordance with OPNAVINST 5100.23 series, NMCPHC TM 6240.51.99 series and MCO 6260.lE series.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position:
- Successful completion of: One half full year (9 Semester hours) of graduate level education
directly related to the position. (If using education to qualify copy of transcript must be attached) - Failure to submit this information WILL result in an ineligible rating
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
: Required for vacancies with Positive Education or Education Substitution: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/officies/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address NMRTC BREMERTON WA
1 Boone Rd
Bremerton, WA 98312-1898
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]