Job opening: SUPERVISORY LOGISITCS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist as the H-60 LSA Lead in the Fleet Support Team Logistics Division of FLTREADCEN EAST.
You will serve as the acknowledged expert for logistics support related to the assigned aircraft or engine and acts as a representative of the NAVAL Air Systems Command (NAVAIR).
You will exercise independent decision making in areas of program logistics support as delegated by the Product Support Manager/Assistant Program Manager to ensure fleet aircraft/engine safety.
You will coordinate program direction and assignments, assist in the planning, analysis and execution of an effective Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Integrated Logistics Support Program.
You will be a leader capable of interacting with senior foreign and domestic Government and industry executives, as well as other logisticians, engineers and program managers, both individually and in groups.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-12) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: (1) Applying supply support concepts and theories to ensure adequate supply and to forecast parts usage and future demand; (2) Provisioning and supplying file maintenance processes in order to follow code changes; (3) Understanding logistics management policies and processes to utilize technical directives and understanding of configuration; (4) Ensuring technical manuals are current through review in order to update processes; (5) Managing logistics workload and plan of work of subordinates in order to provide support in both technical and administrative aspects; (6) Creating and analyzing reports in Maintenance Tasks Analysis, Maintenance Plans, Provisioning Requirements and Provisioning Parts List Index.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address FLTREADCEN EAST
Cherry Point, NC 28533-0021
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]