Job opening: Recreation Aide (Marina Operations)
Salary: $15 per hour
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Multiple Schedules
This position is located at the Mulberry Cove Marina which is part of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department aboard Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, Florida. This activity is maintained and operated as a service for all active duty, retired military and their dependents.
Incumbent will instruct and advise patrons on basic small motor boat handling in accordance with the current Boating Program regulations that include rules of the road, weather, small boat handling, motor operations, safety equipment and rescue procedures.
Certifies proper issue and inventory of equipment, noting condition of all items. Instructs patrons on proper usage of equipment, notates damage of returned items.
May take reservations for picnic areas that are overseen by the MWR department.
Will work with the Marina team to carry out all Sailing Regattas, Bass Tournaments and/or any other special events sponsored by the facility and/or MWR department.
Will be required to perform general custodial-type duties to include picking up trash in and around the Marina grounds, trimming weeds, cutting grass, emptying trash cans, sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning bathrooms as needed.
Incumbent may be required to retrieve and rescue boats that have become disabled or are considered overdue.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of 32212 at time of applying.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Must successfully pass the E-verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
- A valid State driver's license is required to operate motor vehicles.
- Must have current CPR/First Aide certification and upload proof (or willing to obtain it)
- Must have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- You must go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9.
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National.
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
A qualified candidate possess the following:
Although prior boating experience is preferred, it is not required. The incumbent must become proficient in the areas of small boat handling, motor operations, operation of safety equipment, rescue procedures, etc.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs continuously.
Incumbent must have a valid state drivers' license.
This position works on the St. Johns' River so the incumbent must be able to swim.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be able to obtain CPR and AED training certificates within 3 months of employment.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
- Address NAS Jacksonville
Bldg 1 Langley Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Krissie Lacap
- Email: [email protected]