Job opening: Recreation Aide (Marina Cashier)
Salary: $16 per hour
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Multiple Schedules
This position is located at the Mulberry Cove Marina which is part of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department aboard Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, Florida. This activity is maintained and operated as a service for all active duty, retired military and their dependents.
Receives and records monies received from patrons on computerized point of sale system ensuring accuracy in providing change and receipts.
Responsible for front line customer service by welcoming and assisting persons that enter the facility; answers incoming phone calls from customers by providing information about facility, equipment, hours of operation and programs offered.
Receives, records and makes reservations for use of the facility with individuals, groups, and commands.
Will be assigned and responsible for the maintenance of a cash fund.
Prepares Daily Activity Reports (DAR's) at the end of shift in accordance with established policies and will deposit funds at the Navy Exchange cash office at the end of each shift.
Assists with general housekeeping of facility such as policing grounds, sweeping and dusting of work area, emptying trash receptacles and cleaning of restrooms.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of 32212 at time of applying.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Must successfully pass the E-verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
- A valid State driver's license is required to operate motor vehicles.
- Must have current CPR/First Aide certification and upload proof.
- Must have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- You must go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9.
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National.
- Must submit a completed Declaration for Federal Employment (Form 306) https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. https://www.sss.gov/register/
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
A qualified candidate possess the following:
Knowledge and ability to operate a computerized point of sale system and provide proper change.
Documented cash handling experience is a must.
Knowledge of the Marina operations is not necessary for selection however the incumbent must be able to learn the terminology and the basic rules of the program and services offered to assist patrons and answer operational questions.
Must have the ability to meet and deal effectively with a variety of patrons of varied rates, ranks and backgrounds.
Incumbent will be required to multi-task; during peak hours of operations the incumbent must be able to effectively assist many patrons at the same time.
Must be able to exercise good judgment in applying well established policies and procedures.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
- Address NAS Jacksonville
Bldg 1 Langley Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Krissie Lacap
- Email: [email protected]