Job opening: Security Assistant
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is with the United States Army Reserve Command, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, Office of Provost Marshal, Intrusion Detection System Section, with duty at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.
Program and monitor Designated Intrusion Detection Alarm Systems (IDS) to deter theft of weapons or ammunition across the United States Army Reserve Command (USARC).
Maintain records and generate reports for all alarmed facilities.
Dispatch emergency services on alarms that necessitate action.
Review incident reports to determine causes of problem or anomalies with the system.
Provide technical assistance on operating and repairing IDS.
Provide security updates to supervisor, USARC Headquarters, Regional Support Commands, and other Commands.
Virtually overwatch alarm system testing to ensure systems are working properly.
- This position is Swing shift (1600-2400) and with days off available are Tues-Wed and Wed-Thurs. Each shift is 8 hour, 5 days on and 2 days off. No rotating shifts and permanent schedule.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to an irregular tour of duty to cover 24 hours, 7 days a week operations. Incumbent may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and work may involve mandatory overtime.
- This position is designated Key/Mission Essential. A KEY position cannot be vacated by the incumbent during war or national emergency without seriously impairing the mission.
- In the event of an emergency (e.g. inclement weather, disaster coverage, etc.), the incumbent may be required to report for duty outside of scheduled shift and be expected to report or remain at the worksite during dismissal or closure situations.
- This position requires the incumbent to attend and pass the Conventional Physical Security Course at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
- This position requires the incumbent to attend and pass the Electronics Security School Course. Attendance to this course will be scheduled within 12 months of appointment.
POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT): Next cutoff date to evaluate candidates will be August 28th, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date to be determined based on the needs of the agency. Application packages must be complete at the time referral certificates are issued.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
External Recruitment Military Spouse PreferenceInteragency Career Transition Assistance Plan
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
One year of specialized experience which is defined as work which includes interpreting physical security regulations; monitoring alarm/security systems for government and/or commercial facilities; dispatching emergency personnel to security alarm incidents; using a variety of automated data bases to generate and distribute critical security information. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Database Management SystemsOral CommunicationPhysical SecurityTechnical Problem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address DE-APF-W496AA US ARMY RESERVE CMD, SUPPORT GROUP
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk
- Email: [email protected]