Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Salary: $80 015 - 124 677 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will perform as the lead technical authority for all facets of Cybersecurity providing guidance and oversight on cybersecurity requirements and implementation in accordance with the JSIG and governing policy.
You will advise CISSM, CISSEs, and CISO of changes affecting the organization's cybersecurity posture.
You will be responsible for the development of Assessment and Authorization artifacts such Concept of Operation (CONOPS), System Security Plan, (SSPs), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Profiles, testing documentation, and more.
You will review and evaluate the security impacts of new systems or system changes to include existing or proposed interfaces with other IT systems.
You will perform activities and prepare documentation at each step of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) in pursuit of or to maintain an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
You will perform and track Information System (IS) self-inspections, reports, system tests and responses.
You will analyze vulnerability scans, STIG compliance and deficiencies of all types identified during internal and external cyber security reviews.
You will ensure that deficiencies and vulnerabilities are included in a Plan of Action and Milestones and are tracked until the adequate mitigation measures have been implemented.
You will perform data integrity containments and investigations on Information Assurance (IA) related security violations / incidents.
You will manage and mentor assigned CSWF members.
You will conduct security education training for system users and peers on appropriate risk mitigation strategies and security practices on an initial and annual basis.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final top secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 722 level I within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the DS-03 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate some or all of the following: 1) Implementing information assurance policies; 2) Performing Risk Management Framework tasking and creating authorization packages; 3) Implementing cybersecurity programs; 4) Demonstrating experience and familiarity with the Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide; and 5) Creating Concept of Operation (CONOPS), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), System Security Plan (SSP), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM).
Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience you may qualify with the following education:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU
575 I Avenue Suite 1
Point Mugu, CA 93042-5049
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]