Job opening: Medical Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Salary: $47 789 - 62 122 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is for the Director for Medicine Department of Medicine at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda Maryland.
Parking at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is limited, the use of commuting alternatives is recommended.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Perform routine clinical and administrative duties under the direct supervision of a nurse, physician and/or a healthcare administrator.
Adjust times of appointments, based on changes in health care provider's schedule.
Resolve scheduling and appointment problems.
Schedule routine, regular, and follow up appointments in the surgical center.
Prepare reports based upon the requirements specified and the intended use of the data or report.
Generate data on a daily, weekly, monthly, and on demand basis to identify trends impacting on appointment availability and the efficient delivery of primary and urgent health care.
Receive all patients and make a determination as to disposition (proceed to the laboratory, retrieve additional information, proceed to the doctor's office, be seated in the waiting area, etc.) based upon an established algorithm.
Read and interpret the referring consults, doctors' notes and/or drug treatment protocol in order to select and schedule the appropriate tests.
Manipulating and retrieving information and data from various automated medical systems (such as the Composite Health Care System, Electronic Health Record).
Greet patients and visitors in person and telephonically.
Document patient information in medical records.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes receiving patients and visitors in a medical treatment facility or clinic setting; scheduling patient appointments and/or coordinating patient referral appointments; maintaining patient records; and utilizing office automation systems such as Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), and/or Microsoft office to complete administrative tasks. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Proficiency Required: This position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFF DHA NCR MKT-WR NATL MIL MED CTR
DO NOT MAIL
Bethesda, MD 20889
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk