Job opening: Health System Specialist (Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer - PEBLO)
Salary: $57 118 - 74 250 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serves as the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO). Performs counseling, data collection and medical coordination for service members related to Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) processing and Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL).
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation under Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce
Counsel military personnel being processed through the Physical Disability Evaluation System on their rights, benefits, privileges, or obligations.
Coordinate evaluation appointments; schedule follow-up appointments for National Guard and Reserve Component personnel for approved
line of duty (LOD) related injuries.
Conduct briefings and training to installation leadership, Officer Professional and Noncommissioned Officers Professional Development, installation Town Hall Meetings, Warrior Transition Unit, hospital clinical and administrative support staff.
Update and maintain the automated database of cases and their progress.
Provide statistical data to MTF/Regional Medical Commands /Medical Command on the status of MEB/Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) processing effectiveness and/or status.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position has been designated Mission Essential. In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations, the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- Incumbent must successfully complete the PEBLO distance learning and resident courses within 180 days of assignment of duties. Recertification is required annually.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes providing guidance on healthcare policies and/or programs; reviewing medical records for completeness; collecting medical data to prepare statistical reports as directed by higher graded employees and/or supervisor. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree with a major study in hospital administration, public health administration, or related fields such as business or public administration with course work in health care administration.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83CM DHA STAND-ALONE MKT-LEONARD WOOD ACH
DO NOT USE
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk