Job opening: CYS Program Associate Homework Lab NF-03
Salary: $42 870 - 55 736 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Part-time
Positions are located at the School Age Center (SAC II), Fort Meade, Anne Arundel, Maryland.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies throughout the program.
Management has the right to assign staff to locations as mission requires.
Eligible for the NAF benefits package and leave accrual.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the facility director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved IAW standards and procedures.
Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations. As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills.
Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center. Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
4. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
5. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
6. Possess and maintain a CDA/School-Age/Youth Credential (including Boys and Girls Clubs of America)/Army Youth Practicum
7. Possess 12 months of experience working in a related field
1. Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or a related field.
2. Possess work experience directly related to the duties to be preformed.
3. Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
4. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
5. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
6. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable.
- Address BF-NAF-W0USAA US ARMY GARRISON FT GEO G MEADE HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Name: CHRA NAF C2SC - Recruitment Branch
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]