Job opening: SECURITY ASSISTANT (ALARM MONITOR)
Salary: $48 655 - 70 286 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SECURITY ASSISTANT/ALARM MONITOR, in the Provost Marshall Office/Marine Corps Police Department of MARINE CORPS AIR GROUND COMBAT CTR.
You will monitor closed circuit television (CCTV) screens trained on sensitive areas critical assets for a variety of security reasons.
You will monitor and operate a Mass Notification System (MNS) to ensure proper dissemination of emergency mass notification messages and ensure proper operation of system.
You will prepare and maintain running logs of major events listing all pertinent information to include proper notification of higher authorities and/or outside agencies.
You will ensure proper records storage safeguards are in place and that records are appropriately archived/destroyed as required.
You will operate a variety of office automation equipment, including copy machines, facsimile machines, networked computers, laser printers, shredders, scanners, and other electronic equipment.
You will ensure call rosters on key personnel are accurate and maintain complete and accurate listing of all Fire/Smoke alarm boxes.
- Must be a US Citizen; pass a National Agency/Local background check. Must be determined suitable for federal employment. Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- The DON does not employ individuals for Law Enforcement Officer positions who have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence on or after 27 November 2002. You must submit DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms before appointment.
- Candidates for LEO positions must not have reached their 37th birthday by date of appointment. Information on exceptions and waivers can be found: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025_vol336.pdf.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position is considered Key/Emergency-Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support to ensure the success of combat operations or the availability of combat-essential systems.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. You will be required to sign a DD-Form-2760, Qualification to possess firearms or ammunition.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- This is a mission essential position.
- Must satisfactorily pass the Police Applicant Suitability Review (PASR) investigation.
- Failure to meet conditions of employment may result in disciplinary action or termination.
- Must pass a medical evaluation and pass periodic re-tests as required.
- This is a Department of Navy Drug Testing Designated Position (TDP). Required to undergo pre-employment urinalysis requirements and sustainment drug testing.
- Persons convicted of a misdemeanor or felony crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the position.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
GS-07: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: performing administrative office security support, monitoring and troubleshooting electronic security systems, intrusion detection systems, alarms, mass notification, closed circuit television systems.
GS-06: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: performing clerical and administrative duties such as preparing and maintaining security files and records, drafting routine correspondence relating to security, and providing customer service in support of security programs (e.g. Security systems, Intrusion DetectIon Systems, alarm, mass notification and CCTV systems).
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARINE CORPS AIR GROUND COMBAT CTR
Twentynine Palms, CA 92278
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]