Job opening: SUPERVISORY TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST
Salary: $80 769 - 104 996 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, direct, coordinate, monitor, and administer the Distribution Function of the Cargo Operations Flight at Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst, NJ.
Plans, organizes, and oversees the activities of the Cargo Operations Flight's Distribution Section.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Directs, coordinates, and oversees work through subordinate supervisors.
Represents the Traffic Management Office with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
Develops and/implements peacetime and emergency traffic management plans, programs, policies, procedures, traffic management systems, and techniques.
Directs or conducts studies and analysis of a variety of data. Directs or conducts studies and analysis of rates, tariffs, classifications, expenses, accessorial costs, shipment costs, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The employee must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- This is a Key Position. In accordance with AFI 36-507, incumbent must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- The position will require uncommon tours of duty world crises/contingency operations.
- The employee may be required to work overtime to include periods of emergency and contingency operations.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- The employee may be recalled to duty.
- May be required occasional temporary duty (TDY) travel.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- "This is a Supervisory Position." A 1 year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Transportation Specialist Series 2101.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of traffic management policies, principles, and practices, in order to plan and direct installation traffic management operations involving cargo shipments. Knowledge of transportation procedures and regulations to provide management and technical assistance with a wide range of complex issues involved with the movement of cargo shipments. Knowledge of automated systems and equipment utilized in relation to traffic management. Knowledge of safety and security regulations practices and procedures.
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., related degree from an accredited college or university. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Commercial transportation and DOD traffic management regulations, policies, procedures and laws.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
2903 McGuire Blvd
JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ 08641
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]