Job opening: GROUP SUPERINTENDENT (TITLE 32)
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GROUP SUPERINTENDENT (TITLE 32), Position Description Number NGD2397000 and is part of the TN 164th AW, Air National Guard.
This announcement is a dual bid with AGR Announcement A23-090, only one selection will be made.
This vacancy is not eligible for membership to a labor organization.
As a GROUP SUPERINTENDENT, GS-0301-11, you will exercise supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises the group commander on assigned program areas of responsibility. Advise, carry out, and monitor the Group Commander's organizational policies, programs, and standards applicable to the enlisted force. Develop, participate, and provide guidance in planning, publicizing, and administering ANG enlisted awards, recognition and promotion programs. Serve as the commanders representative at staff meetings and councils and when conducting tours through group areas. Perform other duties as assigned.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Applicant must complete a Baseline Pre-Placement Screening for General Schedule positions within 30 days of appointment.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of the job may significantly impact the environment. The incumbent is responsible to maintain awareness of environmental responsibilities.
Military Grades: E-9
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Progressively responsible experience which demonstrates the ability to provide technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 36 months experience, education or training or 1-year specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Experience, education or training in program or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions. Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations. Experience in supervisory, staff or technical work which included study, analysis or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices and procedures. Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: NONE
- Address TN 164th AW
4593 Swinnea Road
Memphis, TN 38118
- Name: Melody Stephens
- Phone: 615-313-0654
- Email: [email protected]