Job opening: SUPERVISORY POLICE OFFICER
Salary: $65 771 - 85 507 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will adjust duty assignments to meet mission needs.
You will brief a command in dealing with law enforcement issues.
You will conduct investigations within the prescribed guidelines of the law.
You will develop guidance on administrative policies, practices, and procedures concerning physical security and law enforcement.
- You must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- You will be required to render the proper courtesies to military officers, i.e., salute; and required to pay proper respect to the U.S. Flag during reveille and retreat.
- You will be required to wear a uniform in accordance with Commander, Navy Installations Command directives, and required to comply with grooming standards.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You must meet the qualifications and be certified to carry a firearm. You will need to maintain firearm proficiency.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. You will be required to sign a DD-Form-2760, Qualification to possess firearms or ammunition.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- Successfully pass initial and annual swim qualification course as outlined in Department of the Navy and Commander, Navy Region Hawaii instructions.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Applying federal and state laws, codes, statues and regulations to individuals suspected of committing crimes and/or violations; 2) Conducting investigations to identify suspects involved in criminal cases; 3) Providing back-up to patrol officers, security guards and security forces responding to calls for medical or police assistance and various reports of crimes (i.e. assault, murder, child abuse, rape, robbery, etc.); and 4) Assisting fellow officers, security guards and security forces with assigned work, ensuring appropriate laws, methods, and procedures are utilized when protecting life and property.
Incumbent must successfully complete/pass Commander, Navy Installations Command Navy Security Forces Training Course, as well as reoccurring training requirements. Incumbent is required to receive training on the use of oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray (pepper spray) in a controlled training environment, to include the experience of receiving the spray to the facial area. Incumbent is required to receive respiratory mask fit testing and training in accordance with Commander, Navy Installations Command instructions.
Incumbent must pass all weapons qualifications prior to assigned duties and responsibilities and must pass re-qualifications as required.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/police-series-0083/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address JB PEARL HARBOR HICKAM SEC DET
Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
850 Ticonderoga Street
Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI 96860-5101
- Name: Margo Hartford
- Phone: 808-471-8466
- Email: [email protected]