Job opening: PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
Salary: $52 912 - 68 785 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER in the PUBLIC WORKS of NAVFAC SOUTHWEST.
You will receive requests for facilities maintenance and repair work projects and other related services.
You will track and monitor the status and completion of work through Maximo.
You will perform cost accounting and work order tracking to support assigned maintenance projects.
You will support Emergency Service work by providing dispatching services.
You will assists in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, flowcharts, and Power Point presentations relating to trending data (analysis), workload balancing, response standards, and product line metrics.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States drivers license.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Assisting in monitoring customer requests for facilities maintenance and repair work; 2) Performing work order tracking to support the maintenance operations; 3) Assisting in the support of emergency service work by providing electronically transmitting work orders and updating/closing projects; 4) Ensuring that all material and support contract actions are complete; 5) Assisting in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, flowcharts, and power point presentations relating to trending data, workload balancing, response standards, and product line metrics. NOTE: YOUR ANSWER MUST BE FULLY SUPPORTED BY THE EXPERIENCE DESCRIBED IN YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVFAC SOUTHWEST
750 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92132
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]