Job opening: Supervisory Education Services Specialist
Salary: $86 962 - 113 047 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications.
About the Position: This position is located with Army Continuing Education Service (ACES) program, Fort Campbell, KY. Fort Campbell lies on the Kentucky/Tennessee border between Hopkinsville, KY & Clarksville, TN about 45 miles NW of Nashville.
Responsible for executing the Fort Campbell Army Continuing Education Service (ACES) program.
Advise upper level management on the status and needs of the installation education program.
Coordinate with post-secondary education institutions to establish education and training programs.
Supervise a staff of professional, technical, clerical and support personnel.
Monitor contract performance and communicates with Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) or collegiate personnel.
Direct coordination of Army Learning Center (ALC) services, Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) and Army Personnel Testing (APT) programs to support various education, testing and training requirements.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Position may require the employee to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Position has an irregular tour of duty and may require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
- This position is supervisory as defined by the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) General Schedule Supervisory Guide (GSSG). A one year probation to assess your ability to perform supervisory duties is required unless previously completed.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs MAY be authorized
Recruitment and relocation incentives MAY be authorized
Student loan repayment MAY be authorized
Salary negotiations for candidates new to Federal service MAY be authorized
Credit for prior non-Federal experience and certain military service for leave accrual rates MAY be authorized
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesDefense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange AgreementDomestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability RetirementPriority Placement Program, DoD Retained Grade Preference EligibleVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Supervisory Education Services Specialist:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the position to be filled in one or a combination of the following areas, with at least one course from (1) or (2).
(1)Tests and measurement: Study of the selection, evaluation, administration, scoring, interpretation, and uses of group and individual aptitude, proficiency, interest, and other tests;
(2) Adult education: Study of the adult as a learner, teaching-learning theories for adults, models and procedures for planning, designing, managing, and evaluating adult learning activities;
(3) Educational program administration: Study of the foundation and methods in organizing for adult and continuing education programs; (4) Curriculum development or design: Study of the principles and techniques for development of curricula for adult or vocational education programs;
(5) Teaching methods: Study of teaching strategies and learning styles of the adult learner;
(6) Guidance and counseling: Study of the purposes and methods in counseling and guidance, the role of the counselor in various settings, approaches to counseling, and the uses of tests in the counseling situation;
(7) Career planning: Study of career development, learning activities, systems, approaches, program coordination, use of educational and community resources, and vocational counseling systems;
(8) Occupational information: Study of theories of occupational choice and vocational development and their application to the guidance process. Identification and utilization of various types of occupational information and resources.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Creating adult educational materials such as Power Point Slides for a variety of Briefs, Memorandums for Commanders/Unit, Education Checklist; 2) Providing general education and career development counseling to adult learners; 3) Conducting adult education needs assessments and interest surveys; And 4) Utilizing Microsoft Office Applications and Virtual platforms to complete work tasks. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Influencing/NegotiatingManaging Human ResourcesOral CommunicationPlanning and EvaluatingWritten Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade, time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
NOTE: To support the Advancement requirement you MUST submit a copy of your latest non-award SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis along with your application/resume package. You must meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements. Failure to do so may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications/
- Address DL-APF-W0U4AA US ARMY GARRISON FT CAMPBELL HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk