Job opening: SUPERVISORY QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Salary: $86 962 - 113 047 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a first level supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to Barksdale AFB, LA.
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of 2d Operations Support Squadron, Aircrew Training Device Flight, ensuring that all Aircrew Training Device (ATD) facilities comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
Represents 2d Operations Support Squadron, Aircrew Training Device Flight, with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
Manages the 2 BW Flying Hour Program (FHP) and the Quiet Hours Program. Ensures raw flying hour data from databases are reconciled with programs used by flying squadrons and discrepancies are resolved.
Serves as responsible advisor and single focal point to interpret and adapt broad management requirements to execute command quality assurance oversight throughout the contract life cycle.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Advance in hire may be authorized if there is demonstrable proof provided on your resume
- Leave accrual may be authorized upon request
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Employee may be required to travel TDY to attend meetings, conferences, receive training, etc.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours and/or Shift work may be required which may include overtime and/or irregular hours for surveillance of all contractor operations.
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. (cond't)
- (cond't) Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
- This is a Mission Essential (ME) position performing a Mission Critical Function (MCF) which must continue uninterrupted after the occurrence of an emergency and continued through full (cond't)
- (cond't) resumption of all functions. IAW, DoDI 3020-42, Defense Continuity Programs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Security Clearance.
- This position may include information assurance (IA) work as an additional duty. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the recipient of this additional duty must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. (cond't)
- (cond't) A waiver of this six-month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C184.108.40.206 or C220.127.116.11. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in the reassignment of this additional duty to another employee within the organization.
- This is a Supervisory Position." A 1-year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Quality Assurance Series 1910.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes experience that demonstrated a practical knowledge in monitoring, controlling, or maintaining the quality of products or services in quality assurance, procurement, inspection, production, or related areas. The purpose of the work is to develop and implement quality surveillance and inspection programs for contractor maintenance and services on training device systems for a field activity. The specialist develops and oversees a government contract quality assurance program based on DOD, Air Force, and MAJCOM requirements, technical specifications, and contractor statements of work. Ensures that requirements concerning maintenance, inspection, testing, and operation are complied with. The results of the work affect the acceptability of contractor services in terms of conformance to technical requirements, meeting users' needs in a timely fashion, and performing as intended.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Knowledge in Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition and life cycle management policies, procedures and practices. Specifically, must understand the interrelationships of the SOW, Systems Specification, Clauses, Attachments, etc. with relationship to Contract Data Requirements List, contractor written procedures, AFIs, FARs etc.
Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Skill in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
Comprehensive and thorough knowledge of quality assurance principles, concepts, and methodologies. Knowledge of combat aircraft operations, regulations, principles, and peculiarities of combat aircraft scheduling.
Knowledge of flying hour processes to forecast annual requirements of assigned squadrons and ability to use FHP information to prepare forms and schedules in acceptable quarterly/annual formats (e.g., forecasting FHP shortfalls). Skill in using unique aircraft scheduling computer systems such as Patriot Excalibur.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Barksdale AFB
345 Davis Avenue W
Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]