Job opening: Supervisory Police Officer
Salary: $90 310 - 117 400 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
See below for important information regarding this job.
This position has been designated as an Essential Position (e.g., snow emergency days, holidays, increased security periods, national emergency). The position cannot be vacated during war or national emergency without seriously impairing the mission. Assignments may be performed at any job site within the organization.
Serve as a supervisor over the Training Section of the Police Department at DLA Installation Support.
Perform administrative functions in support of police training operations.
Ensure uniformed officers are fully trained and capable of accomplishing the agency’s mission.
Develop, review and approve training programs.
Act as subject matter expert on law enforcement issues.
Evaluate effectiveness of security programs and current department police and recommend updates and/or changes.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: No
- Preemployment Physical Requirement: Required - Physical Fitness testing MUST be conducted at one of the following DLA sites: New Cumberland, PA; Richmond, VA; Ft Belvoir, VA; Columbus, OH; Tracy, CA. Travel to/from is at the candidate's expense.
- Supervisory Probation: Required
- Completion of Supervisory Certification Program: Required
- Licenses Required: Valid State Driver License
- This is a Mission Essential (ME) position. The incumbent may be required to report to work in the event of a natural disaster, inclement weather, or crisis.
To qualify for a Supervisory Police Officer your resume and supporting documentation must support:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify at the GS-11 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-10 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
Assisting in drafting department policy.
Order and maintain inventory of police equipment.
Assisting in developing police training programs.
Assisting in training police officers in a variety of areas
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- Address DLA Installation Support
8725 John Kingman rd
Ft Belvoir, VA 22060
- Name: DLA Installation Support POC
- Phone: 614-692-0877
- Email: [email protected]