Job opening: CRANE OPERATOR SUPERVISOR
Salary: $46 - 54 per hour
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a CRANE OPERATOR SUPERVISOR in the Transportation Division, Weapons Department (SPB 30) of STRATEGIC WEAPONS FACILITY PACIFIC.
You will provide crane and transportation services, waterfront support, handling and movement services for assembled missiles, components, and supplies to and from air and/or ship terminals, magazines and instrastation facilities.
You will provide maintenance, repair, overhaul, and certification of a variety of missile and launcher support equipment components, test equipment and limited maintenance of Civil Engineering Support Equipment, (CESE).
You will act as SWPAC vehicle maintenance/repair coordinate for all SWFPAC CESE maintained under BOSC Annex 10.
You will exercise first level supervisory authority, responsibility and control over all functions and staff under the cognizance of the Division.
You will exercise technical and supervisory authority, responsibility and control over personnel performing major functions of multiple areas of responsibility.
You will be supervising the handling and transportation of missiles, components, special equipment, hazardous materials and miscellaneous supplies using cranes, 40-ton truck/tractors and specially equipped semi-trailers.
You will be loading, securing, and unloading special weapons, explosive devices, miscellaneous supplies and other equipment with bridge cranes, mobile cranes, and specialized fork trucks up to 30,000 pound capacity.
You will load/offload missiles, re-entry bodies, launch gas generators, closure assemblies, and a variety of components, equipment and material in support of waterfront operations.
You will install/remove hoists in support of missile loading and offloading.
You will maintain, repair and certify launcher support equipment, missile hoisting units, and more, to support the operational capabilities of the TRIDENT fleet.
You will keep all operations under close observation and control; assigning, directing and reviewing the work of subordinates, evaluating work performance, planning and scheduling work operations, problem solving, training and personnel matters.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current explosives certification.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- You will be required to qualify for inclusion into the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: ABILITY TO LEAD OR SUPERVISE.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address STRATEGIC WEAPONS FACILITY PACIFIC
6401 Skipjack Circle
Silverdale, WA 98315
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]