Job opening: SECURITY SPECIALIST
Salary: $61 203 - 79 563 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is: to provide for security forces standardization/evaluation (stan/eval) program testing and inspections, and advise and assist in meeting program requirements.
Duty 1: Participates in correcting deficiencies identified through the stan/eval program.
Duty 2: Performs stan/eval testing functions.
Duty 3: Performs stan/eval inspections.
Duty 4: Performs administrative and coordinative duties for the stan/eval program.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/ or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments
- The employee will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Department of Defense Security Physical Security Certification conferral is required within 2 years of the established employee EOD or initial assignment date to this position in accordance with DOD 3305.13-M, DoD Security Accreditation Continued...
- and Certification. The listed certification requirements may not be deleted or modified without the written approval of the AF Security Functional Authority (SAF / AA) or their delegated security career field representative.
- This position is emergency essential (E-E). The incumbent must meet all requirements of E-E positions and may be required to take a series of vaccinations and annual boosters to immunize against anthrax and other diseases.
- During a crisis, the incumbent must continue to perform E-E duties until relieved; cannot be vacated during a national emergency.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes applying knowledge of security concepts, principles, and methodologies to plan and implement stan/eval programs; and methods involved in performing tests and conducting inspections.
EDUCATION: master's or equivalent graduate degree or2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or
LL.B. or J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Knowledge of security concepts, principles, and methodologies to plan and implement stan/eval programs.
Knowledge of wing security forces missions, functions, and structure.
Ability to conduct testing and inspections, evaluate results, and prescribe or recommend corrective measures for deficiencies.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with SF branch/section chiefs, contributing to a cooperative work environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Nellis AFB
4475 England Avenue
Nellis AFB, NV 89191
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]